Health Room Staff
- Susan Jensen (425) 936-2475
District Health Specialist - Nurse
- Shirly Mittelman, BA, RN, IBCLC (425) 936-2812
Lake Washington School District is committed to the health and wellness of our students. Each school has health room staff and a health specialist available to provide a range of services. Our goal is for all students to be successful in school.
State law requires students entering 6th grade and beyond to show proof of Tdap vaccination. Make sure your child gets the Tdap vaccine before school starts.
- School Immunization Requirements Chart
Students entering school must get the required doses listed in this chart to be in compliance with immunization requirements. The requirements follow the national Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Immunization Schedule with requirements specified by grade level.
Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS)PDF download
- Before a child may attend a school or child care center, a parent must provide proof of the required immunizations or immunity using a department-approved Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form signed by the parent.
- Certificate of Exemption from Immunization RequirementsPDF download
Washington State Law allows parents or guardians to exempt their child from school immunization requirements. Exemptions may be claimed for personal/philosophical, religious or medical reasons.
Visit the District Health Services page.