Enrollment and Lottery Process
Stella Schola is open to all students in the district. Students must apply to be considered for enrollment in the school.
Choice School application timeline for 2022-23
- November 1, 2021 – Online application opens
- December 3, 2021 – Online application due by 4:00 p.m.
- January 7, 2022 – Lottery held at district
- January 14, 2022 – Notification to families
- January 26, 2022 – Acceptance deadline
13505 NE 75th Street, Redmond 98052
- Maximum 90 students, grades 6-8
- Challenging academics based on historical themes and integrated with literature
- Students remain with the same students all day, providing strong support and a personalized learning environment
- Hands-on learning activities, projects, and field experiences
- One-to-one student mentoring at sixth grade
- Elective options including band, orchestra, fitness, future ready skills, ceramics as well as Spansh 1 and French 1 beginning in 8th Grade.
All 5th grade students residing within the Lake Washington School District boundaries at the time of the lottery are welcome to apply to Stella Schola Middle School. The lottery is held during the student's 5th grade year. Acceptance is determined solely by the district run lottery system so that all who apply have an equal chance to attend. Those who are not chosen will be put on a wait list for a three year period. Maximum enrollment at Stella Schola is 90 students. While the lottery is conducted for incoming 6th graders, older students may apply also, but will be placed on the waitlist behind the original lottery waitlist conducted in the 5th grade.
Transportation for Choice Schools
Parents/guardians of students who attend Choice Schools must arrange their own transportation. There is a paid Choice School Shuttle that runs from Evergreen MS, Inglewood MS and Redmond Elementary to Stella Schola.
Choice School Applications
Applicants should apply online to each Choice School they are considering.
If your child has previously applied to a Choice School and is on a waitlist, do not re-apply to that school. Your child's waitlist spot is carried forward each year.
After completing the online application, the applicant will receive a confirmation email from the system indicating that the application has been received. Incomplete applications will not be processed as part of the lottery. If you are unable to access the online application, please contact Sarah McEnroe at the Resource Center at 425-936-1219 or email@example.com.
A lottery and/or wait list system is used to place students when applications exceed vacancies. Choice School lotteries are run centrally at the district office. Lottery numbers are generated for each student through the use of a random sequence generator. The district will notify parents of their student's lottery number(s) following the district lottery.
For more information about the Stella, join us for our information night October 28th 5:00-6:30pm that provides a greater level of detail about the school.