Sixth Grade Academics
Ancient Civilizations * English * Math * Science * Art
The over all theme for the school is, “Grasp the Past: the building blocks of the future are laid upon the foundations of the past.” Each grade level integrates subjects around historical sub themes which fit under the year-long umbrella theme. The sixth grade year is divided up into the following thematic units:
- September/October/November: Blast into the Past…a New Point of View
- December/January/February/March: Don’t Judge a Mummy by its Wrapping
- March/April/May/June: It’s All Greek to Me…Does it Have to Be?
Field trips are an important part of learning and provide excellent hands-on experiences in the real world. Outings will be scheduled periodically for each grade level to enhance the curriculum.
Sixth Grade Field Trips:
- Start Up Challenge (first week of school!)
- September Spirit Adventure
- Science Circus
- Geology Adventure
- Chocolate Surprise
- GPS Day
Students should expect regular, daily homework. Homework is relevant and reinforces what is taught at school. Sixth graders should expect to spend a minimum 60 minutes each evening on homework.