Eighth Grade Academics
Algebra 1 - Science - English - US History & Washington State History - Speech & Debate
Essential Understanding for 8th grade: We study history to have a better understanding and ability to grapple with complex questions and dilemmas by examining how the past has shaped global, national, and local relationships between societies and people.
- 1st Quarter: What are the rights, liberties, and responsibilities of U.S. Citizens?
- 2nd Quarter: How do societies find a balance between promoting liberty and establishing order?
- 3rd Quarter: Are the benefits of progress worth the cost?
- 4th Quarter: What does it mean to be an American?
Stella recognizes that in today’s connected world, digital/media literacy and production skills are an essential part of a 21st century education. With the addition of Film Production as well as Speech and Debate to the 8th grade curriculum, Stella’s 8th graders are being prepared for the 21st Century.
Field trips are an important part of learning and provide excellent hands-on experiences in the real world. Outings will be scheduled periodically for each grade level to enhance the curriculum.
Eighth Grade Field Trips:
- Leadership Challenge
- September Spirit Adventure
- Overnight Camp
- Geography Maze
- UW Library
- MOHAI Museum of History and Industry
- Film Class
- Soundwaves and Bird Call
- Washington State History Museum
- Whale Watching
- WA DC Trip