Eighth Grade Academics
The over all theme for the school is, “Grasp the Past: the building blocks of the future are laid upon the foundations of the past.” Each grade level integrates subjects around the following historical sub themes:
- September/October: Explore Your World!
- November/December/January: Liberty or Death …What Would You Choose?
- February/March/April: Fight for What is Right
- April/May/June: No Man is an Island…
Field trips are an important part of learning and provide excellent hands-on experiences in the real world. Outings will be scheduled periodically for each grade level to enhance the curriculum.
Eighth Grade Field Trips:
- September Spirit Adventure
- Science Experience (3 days, 2 nights)
- Maze Geography Outing
- Sociology Observation Excursion
- Ballet Cultural Enrichment
- Gospel Mission Service Day
- GPS Day
- Orienteering Excursion
- Whale Watching
- Legal Court Case
- Zoology Adventure
- Washington DC Exploration (6 days, 5 nights)
Students should expect regular, daily homework. Homework is relevant and reinforces the learning which is done at school. Eighth grade students should expect to spend a minimum of 90 minutes each evening on homework.