Eighth Grade Academics
The over all theme for the school is, “Grasp the Past: the building blocks of the future are laid upon the foundations of the past.” Each grade level integrates subjects around the following historical sub themes:
- 1st Quarter: What are the opportunities and consequences of exploration?
- 2nd Quarter: Can freedom only be achieved with war?
- 3rd Quarter: How do we balance the rights of the individual with the rights of the many?
- 4th Quarter: United we stand, divided we fall
Field trips are an important part of learning and provide excellent hands-on experiences in the real world. Outings will be scheduled periodically for each grade level to enhance the curriculum.
Eighth Grade Field Trips:
- September Spirit Adventure
- Geography Maze
- Ballet Cultural Enrichment
- Hibulb Cultural Center
- Zoology Adventure
- Science Experience (3 days, 2 nights)
- Whale Watching
- Washington DC Exploration (6 days, 5 nights)
Students should expect regular, daily homework. Homework is relevant and reinforces the learning which is done at school. Eighth grade students should expect to spend a minimum of 90 minutes each evening on homework.