Parents and students cleaned up the grounds around Bell Elementary School after school on Friday, October 13.
Sixth Grade Academics
The over all theme for the school is, “Grasp the Past: the building blocks of the future are laid upon the foundations of the past.” Each grade level integrates subjects around historical sub themes which fit under the year-long umbrella theme. The sixth grade year is divided up into the following thematic units:
- September/October/November: Blast into the Past…a New Point of View
- December/January/February/March: Don’t Judge a Mummy by its Wrapping
- March/April/May/June: It’s All Greek to Me…Does it Have to Be?
Field trips are an important part of learning and provide excellent hands-on experiences in the real world. Outings will be scheduled periodically for each grade level to enhance the curriculum.
Sixth Grade Field Trips:
- Start Up Challenge (first week of school!)
- September Spirit Adventure
- Science Circus
- Geology Adventure
- Chocolate Surprise
- GPS Day
- Greek Olympics
- Day at the Beach
Students should expect regular, daily homework. Homework is relevant and reinforces what is taught at school. Sixth graders should expect to spend a minimum 60 minutes each evening on homework.